Today we are going to show off some of the best WordPress plugins for extending the functionality of the CannaBiz theme, and your entire website in general.
The plugins range from eCommerce to security and search engine optimization – and marijuana plugins we offer get highlighted too!
Step up your website’s security setup
First and foremost, all WordPress websites should be locked down as best as possible to prevent hacks and data leaks.
In the cannabis industry, this is even more apparent when your website hosts patient information or any sensitive details about your business that you wouldn’t want to be stolen and made public.
So, how do you increase security with WordPress?
The first – and arguably most important – step is to install a WordPress security plugin.
WordFence is a security plugin for WordPress that has over 2,000,000(!) active installs and does a fantastic job of keeping hackers from accessing your WordPress website.
Help your cannabis company get found in search engines
Beyond having a beautifully built website design, you need to figure out ways to let people find you easier. That’s where the search engine optimization comes in.
CannaBiz is built with SEO in mind, so the code is structured to help Google (and other search engines) index your website, but you should take things a step further with a SEO plugin.
Yoast is by far the best search engine optimization plugin for WordPress – and over a million active users seem agree with me!
WordPress plugins specifically built for your cannabis business
First and foremost, you should be using the WP Dispensary menu management plugin with CannaBiz, allowing you to easily display your current dispensary menu items on your website, beautifully.
From there, there’s also some add-on’s we’ve built that help extend things even further, including inventory management, top sellers, age verification and more.
additional add-ons available to extend WP Dispensary and CannaBiz further:
- WooConnect for WooCommerce
- Dispensary Inventory Management
- Dispensary Age Verification
- Dispensary Top Sellers
- Dispensary Coupons
- Dispensary Locations
Make your website shareable on social media
Now that you’ve got a rock solid security set up, search engine optimization and dispensary plugins added to your website, it’s time to let people share your content easily.
Social media marketing should be focused on deeply and for good reason – social media websites are where users are, and with the right push you’re able to get your cannabis business noticed.
WordPress social media plugins are abundant, but one has been far better than others (in my humble opinion), and that’s the MashShare plugin.
MashShare adds share buttons to all of your content and is easily customizable to fit your current website’s style and set up.
Additional supported WordPress plugins
Beyond the above plugin options, we’ve also included support for the following plugins in CannaBiz, giving you the ability to easily add your own contact forms (automatically styled to match your website), and slider plugins to add extra design ‘pop’ to your website’s home page.
- Contact Form 7 – This is a free contact form plugin for WordPress which lets you – you guessed it – easily add contact forms to your website.
- Caldera Forms – A responsive, drag and drop form builder for WordPress, Caldera Forms is a more advanced solution for contact forms, which can work great for patient forms, etc.
- Meta Slider – This is a free slider plugin for WordPress that lets you easily build and customize image sliders, which can then be added to the top/bottom of your CannaBiz theme’s home page.
- Slider Revolution – A more robust solution for creating high quality sliders for your website, Slider Revolution is what we’re currently using in the CannaBiz demo, and it’s highly recommended.
- WooCommerce – Looking to sell products on your website, like t-shirts, vape pens, grinders, etc? WooCommerce is the only WordPress solution you need to consider.
- WP Dispensary’s WooConnect – Want to let patients place orders for your cannabis products directly on your website? We’ve built an add-on that connects with WooCommere and lets you easily allow patients to place orders.
Get CannaBiz Now!
If you haven’t downloaded CannaBiz yet, what are you waiting for? Click the button below and get your copy of the #1 dispensary theme for WordPress!
Want CannaBiz plus all of our commercial add-on’s?
Grab our All in one bundle!